Thursday, March 3, 2011

Farmers for the Day

There are a lot of smaller museums in Ottawa that I never thought about visiting before Margot was born. The Agriculture Museum is one of them. This morning Jen, Margot and I visited this museum with Jen’s mom and Margot’s cousin, Noa, in tow.


We saw horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs and rabbits. As you can see, Jen wasn’t too impressed with the smell in the pigpen area. Shades of a couple of days ago perhaps? Hmmmm.



Margot didn’t have too much to say about the animals although she did say the word “Dada” repeatedly while we were there which could be a good or bad thing for me. However, she seemed to be in a generally good mood so I think she enjoyed the visit.

My favourite exhibit was the section on farm equipment as the museum has rigged up a few machines to simulate riding on various models of tractors. Noa and I went to town ploughing a simulated cornfield using one of them (to ensure the field was ploughed properly we rode the tractor twice).

It’s really hard to believe this museum, which is situated in a huge field, is right in the middle of Ottawa. Haha, I think I’ve said this before but oh Canada! Only we would build a FARM in the middle of our capital city :) No towers or monuments for us.

But seriously, it was really fun. It was a gloriously sunny day and we took full advantage.

1 comment:

  1. You Khouri-Parhams, you're museum crazy. A farm is far more interesting and useful than a tower or a monument. M was vry excited to see the pigs.

    ReplyDelete