Monday, March 14, 2011

Return Home

Well, I made it! I’m back home in Gatineau. The flight home from Toronto was fairly uneventful although there were a couple of rough patches. Although Margot behaved pretty well during the takeoff she cried for a few minutes on the landing. I was able to distract her once in awhile but in the end she only really stopped after I bundled her up and left the airplane. Thankfully no one on the airplane gave me bad looks (I got sympathetic looks more than anything!)



Overall I’d say my experiment of going off a little adventure with just Margot and me was a grand success. All of my family got a chance to catch up with Margot again and I made the best of the miserable March weather by having a fun weekend. Margot has really changed since the last time I was in the area, which was around Christmas. Back then she was more standoffish with my family. Now, give her five minutes, and she’s everyone’s best friend!

Anyways…it really feels good to be around my stuff again. No matter how good a trip is (and it was good), there’s nothing like that feeling you get when you walk through the door of your own house and settle into a cozy corner.

Well, I guess there is one feeling that’s better: seeing Jen for the first time in a few days! Travelling with Margot has been fun enough, but seeing Jen smile and wave at me as I was arriving at Ottawa Airport definitely warmed my heart.

1 comment: