Thursday, March 17, 2011

Little Swimmers

Ahoy Matey! Me 'n' these here scurvy scallywags took our keesters out to the pool today and had us a grand great adventuaaarrr (not sure why I’m talking like a pirate but it seems oddly appropriate)!!

To translate: Margot, Noa, Jen’s Dad Eli and I went to the Aylmer public pool today for a quick dip (Jen was the photographer). It was quite fun despite the fact that we had to use the grown-up pool as the kiddie pool was closed.


This was Margot’s first official swim. Although she was a little nervous at first her normal inquisitive self eventually took over and she began flashing her wonderful smile at everyone. We played with the watering can and used a floater specially designed for babies to move about.


Interestingly, the pool uses salt-water, not chlorine. I was a bit apprehensive about this at first, as I had imagined the strong scent of salt would pervade the air. However, the smell was quite mild and generally a more pleasant than what I remember.

All-in-all, t’was a roarin’ good time ya mangy landlubber!

1 comment:

  1. I believe salt-water pools are generally less harsh on your skin/eyes etc...if my silly daydream of putting a pool into my city backyard ever materializes one day, it would likely be a salt-water pool.

    Margot looks so intent on figuring out the watering can! Can see the gears turning in her little brain!

    ReplyDelete