Friday, March 4, 2011

Hockey Night in Canada

Baby’s tucked in after a full day of Making Music Meaningful.
Wife’s at home enjoying a book and a cup of tea.
That must mean….

It’s hockey night in the nation’s capital!


Once a year I set my bourgeois airs and pretensions aside, put on an old pair of jeans and hop on a bus with my friend Dave to go see the world’s best hockey players tear up the ice for 2-and-a-half hours. I’m no diehard hockey fan but I can’t help but get caught up in the emotion of eighteen thousand fans cheering the “local” boys on.


This year the matchup was between the local team, Ottawa Senators, who have no chance of making the playoffs, and the New York Rangers, who are currently holding to the their playoff position by the skin of their teeth. Some would have called it a useless game.


Some would be wrong.

My team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, is on the cusp of making the playoffs. Because Ottawa lost to New York tonight, the Rangers were able to maintain their 5-point lead over the Leafs for the last vital playoff spot. Thanks a lot Senators!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, while I appreciate the distance support for the Leafs from afar, I think you should still support your local boys too ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking someone to support Ottawa and Toronto?? I don't think it's possible.

    ReplyDelete