Friday, March 25, 2011

How to Tell if a Dad has dressed his Baby

Have you ever seen a baby and wondered – how could her mother dress him/her like that? Well, chances are she hasn’t.


I have to confess; I’m pretty slack when it comes to dressing Margot. As long as she’s safe and decent I’m not too fused if her slacks match her shirt. I don’t think I’m the only dad who thinks like that. In fact, I think that if more dads became primary caregivers, the market for cute shoes and shirts with ribbons on them and other unnecessary frills would bottom out. Until that day, here are some other ways you can tell a baby has been dressed by a dad:
  1. Small food stains on outfit (“they add character”).
  2. Outfit looks suspiciously similar to the one she wore the day before (“it’s not that dirty!”).
  3. Mismatched socks (“that’s the style in LA”).
  4. Short-sleeve shirt even though it’s winter (“the snow’s outside not inside!”).
  5. Complete absence of any accessory that serves no functional purpose (“hey, even I don’t even wear belts all the time”).
  6. Pyjamas in the afternoon (“it prepares them for University”). 
  7. Clothes on backwards (“ok this one may be stretching it a little bit…but it’s playoff season!”)
  8. A big smile (“cause I have the sneaking suspicious she’s looking forward to seeing dad get in trouble with mom”).

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. I do sometimes bite my tongue when Fanf dresses the kids. This week he put Owen in a pair of Matilda's trousers (from her current wardrobe). Poor little man looked like an amputee!

    ReplyDelete