Thursday, April 14, 2011

Follow the Grey Brick Road

Jen and I packed up our bags this morning, bundled Margot into the car, and headed down to Toronto for one last visit before I go back to work.  Unlike our last drive to this area we took the busy Highway 401 rather the more northerly route of Highway 7. Let me set the scene.


Imagine, if you will, three lanes of paved asphalt stretching to the horizon. There are no mountains. There are no raging rivers. There are no luscious gardens. There aren't even any interesting looking clouds in the sky. In sum, Highway 401 between Ottawa and Toronto is a contender for one of the most boring drives in the world.

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. We did catch glimpses of Lake Ontario once in awhile. Oh and the CN Tower too! And..um..the clouds weren't that boring...


But we didn't come all this way for the drive. Jen's come for a Yoga Conference and she's super excited. I've come to spend some quality time with my family and friends doing, well, nothing in particular. Just walking around and talking really! If you ask me, those are some of the best times.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! That drive is brutal. I think the only one worse is from Toronto to Windsor... drink something with caffeine or goodnight.

    ReplyDelete