Saturday, April 23, 2011

Guest Post: Wife’s Perspective – Concluding Thoughts

Hello again! Well, this is my last post on Tough Cookies. Many (well, at least one person) have asked if I will take over Tough Cookies and write about my adventures with Miss Munchkin. Well… best to ask Simon!


Did these 4 months fly by? Not really. It felt like 4 months. Winter came and lasted for a while. But the days became longer and spring appeared (along with the crocus we planted last fall). Due to my variable/unorthodox schedule, we spent a lot of time as our little gang: going grocery shopping together; visiting the library; enjoying the sunshine in Gatineau Park. I think these daily tasks/ moments are what I will be missing the most: Our little trio just hanging out.

I think Simon took full advantage of being a SAHD! He was great and the bond he has created with Margot has been invaluable in their relationship.

In three weeks, I’ll be done work. Things will be different. But change is good, right? My yogic path has instilled in me a philosophy of embracing change and adapting to new situations. For these three weeks when both Simon and I will be at work, Margot will be cared for by her grand-maman and grand-papa and by her cousin Noa who will keep a watchful eye on her to make sure she doesn’t pull his hair or play with his trucks! After that, as summer rolls along, it will be her and me. Mama et bébé. I don’t have any plans…yet. I like schedules (hey, I’m a teacher!). I signed up for two library programs with the City of Gatineau and will probably continue the music class in July & August. Margot is at a difficult age for activities as they seem to be directed to pre-crawling /pre-walking (yoga class, massage classes, salsa baby, post-natal aquafit) or 24 months + (fun stuff!).

On the social side, Margot hopes to visit Owen and Matilda this summer, spend a bit of time with Xander and Isla, and go strolling with Althea. She’s in good company!


Thank you for your readership. Hence, I sign off with words of wisdom: savour the moment and go with the flow!

    With Love,
        Jen xox

3 comments:

  1. Margot Soleil sera entre bonnes mains pour sa petite période de transition:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will certainly miss these post as we have enjoyed watching Margot learn and discover about her world. Jen, I will get a letter off to you in the coming weeks, apologies for not having written sooner! Zoe's up for a play date any time your travels take you out to the wild wild west. Simon, good luck getting ready for the return to work, after a few days you will no doubt feel as though these past few months were ages ago. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, we enjoyed reading your posts and watching your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice necklace. Loved the virtual contact, but looking forward to some proper face to face :) xxx

    ReplyDelete