Monday, January 17, 2011

Da Boyz

Sometimes us dads need a break. That’s when I call up my boys and arrange a pub night!

Tonight I went to the Manx Pub in downtown Ottawa with my friends Dave, James and Ryan. The Manx is a rare gem with board games, no music and, most importantly, no TVs. The name of the game is conversation (and battleship).  I really like this format I am surprised that more places don’t adopt it.  The food is also aces.


Note that I am the first dad of this particular crew.  Fingers crossed that the friendship survives the future challenges and changes ahead as they are good group of scallywags.



Also note that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. My wife, Jen, also has an occasional girls night sans moi and sans bébé.  Not counting her biweekly play dates with Rachel, she meets four times a year for her bookclub and has a regular “T-4-2” with her friend Rebecca.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure those two in the second photo are your friends? They look a bit confused, like they don't even know who they are, let alone you. Or was this simply an end of the night photo? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No TV's is key to a good pub. If they try to put them up protest!

    ReplyDelete