Sunday, January 2, 2011

Minding the Munchkin

Margot is great. She’s sweet and cute and can count to “W”. But once in awhile Jen and I need a break from the little tootsie roll and we schedule a “date night”, just the two of us.

I could say that going out helps keep our relationship strong, passionate and fresh….and it does! But sometimes, after a rough week, either at work or with Margot or both, it’s as simple as keeping us from going bonkers (haha I like that word, “bonkers”).

We try and go out weekly, which is possible as we have lots of friends and family in the area that are great and reliable babysitters. Trust me, I know how lucky we are!  I know other parents who are pretty much on their own.  If you have any friends in that situation, give them a hug or buy them a present sometime; they’re unsung heroes.

By the way, tonight’s date night was pretty straight-forward: just a quick jaunt to the local cinema to see Black Swan – a sexy dark thriller (how adult of us!). The photo below is of Jen’s mom, who is always ready to mind the munchkin.


2 comments: