Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Man and a Baby

You may have noticed that my wife, Jen, is in a lot of photos and/or posts to date. That’s because she doesn’t go back to work full time until January 20th.  Until then, we are pretty much splitting the baby duties 50/50. That gives me a little time to get used to the whole stay-at-home daddy thing.

However, today was my first taste of the real McCoy because Jen went to work for 6 hours in a row. It was just me and the troublemaker. From my hazy recollection, here’s what we did from 10:00 am (when Jen left) onwards:

10:00-10:05 am  Change Margot.
10:05-10:10 am  Give Margot bottle.
10:10-10:15 am  Put Margot down to sleep. FAIL.
10:15-11:00 am  Margot played while I read a bit. Occasional tickling of baby.
11:00-11:45 am  Margot sleeping. Did some chores.
11:45-11:50 am  Shrieking banshees. Change Margot.
11:50-12:30 pm  Feed Margot (mush and bottle) and Simon (soup)
12:30 pm            Load dishes in Dishwasher. Run Dishwasher.
12:30-2:00 pm   Miscellaneous moving about house. Margot content in
                          certain locations for random amount of time. Do some reading
                          when not tickling her or moving her.
2:00-2:30 pm     Short walk. Pick up mail. Received property tax bill. Boo.
2:30 pm             Give Margot bottle.
2:30-3:00 pm     I don’t remember.                                                          
3:00-4:30 pm     Margot sleeping.
4:30 pm             Jen arrives. Great joy in house.


I think I went to the bathroom some time in there too. Hmmm I thought there would be more zany antics like in this classic 80s movie.

3 comments:

  1. I thought your daughter's name was Margot, not McCoy... it's certainly original. And you should probably get in an exterminator for your banshee problem ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I think that my post got lost in translation (from Canadian to British). "The real McCoy" is an expression, not a nickname!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_real_McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same expression in the UK, it was a bad attempt to be funny!

    ReplyDelete