Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Sky Day

Today the weather was just plain miserable.  The sky was a featureless solid grey. I call days like this “no sky days” because it’s as if someone literally stole the clouds and the sun when we weren’t looking. Reminds me of The Nothing.



To add salt to the wounds it’s been so warm (around 5-7 degrees Celsius) that the snow is melting. How I long to glide on my snowshoes now! I was so young and carefree then.

Anyways, we made the most of the day by going for a walk down by the Ottawa River, which is about 5 minutes away from our house.  Margot didn’t seem too perturbed by the weather. She really is an outdoorsy baby!

3 comments:

  1. I call them no-weather days :) I long for them here in the south of France so I can have an excuse to stay at home and read a book... or sleep! Glad to hear that Margot loves the great outdoors. I know I've told you this before but I figure no parents can hear it enough, your little miss is incredibly cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting her beauty sleep for Owen :P
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outdoorsy baby eh? Give her a couple years and we'll see what she's made of.

    ReplyDelete