Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Standing Tall

Up until today I have felt that I’ve just been on another Christmas holiday, albeit somewhat extended. However, this morning I had a revelation.  I had to go to Place du Portage, which is in the office sector of downtown Hull (part of Gatineau), to get a passport for Margot.  I was wearing somewhat scruffy attire and just bumbling along.  Filling out paperwork was unsurprisingly simple and I prepared to head home. That’s when I looked around.

You see, the passport office is near where I used to work. It’s part of a sprawling complex of cement buildings filled to the brim with office workers.  What I saw was people, wearing suits or “business-casual” clothes (the uniform of choice in this area), zipping this way and that, no doubt thinking of the latest report they had to complete. Some looked happy, others stressed, and others bored.

And there was me.   Heading home at 10:00 am.

What was waiting for me when I walked through the door? Well the little haricot has figured out how to pull herself up to a standing position if she’s next to a chair or couch. This is breaking news – she only started this a couple of days ago. She’s pretty excited as it gives her a whole new plane to explore and find things to munch on.



It’s a small joy. Not a big deal for anyone but parents (and maybe relatives!).  But nope, this is not just another Christmas holiday.

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And it's exciting for friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITING!!! What a bright little spark! She's going to be composing concertos and climbing mountains before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol who know what's capable of...eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another landmark achievement for Miss Muffet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Ah-go! Today the sofa, tomorrow the world x) xxx

    ReplyDelete