Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Surprises in the Mail

Margot received a package today from her grandparents in Newmarket (my mom and dad). The package included some nice clothes – including a great hoody - and a letter addressed to Margot.  Margot isn’t quite ready for reading yet (she’s on the letter “2”) so I’ll be storing the letter in a special place for her to read when she’s older.



I love receiving real mail, especially the non-bill variety. It’s so much more personal than an email! It means someone took the time to buy a stamp, write a message and send it along. Don’t get me wrong; email is great for day-to-day communication. But there’s something about ripping open an envelope that just can’t be beat. Maybe it just reminds me of Christmas. Jen is lucky in this respect. She maintains a couple of friendships almost entirely through letters. Whenever she gets one I must admit I’m a tad envious.

Today, however, I will have to live vicariously through my daughter.  She seemed pleased with her package today - it tastes like green beans!  I should also mention that she made an off-hand comment that she would love the next package even more if it included a pair of Ottawa Senators tickets (club seats, on the ice, only to a “gold” game against a top team such as Pittsburgh. What? :)  Don’t shoot the messenger!)

4 comments:

  1. What extraordinary speaking skills - a child prodigy clearly. And one who loves her daddy very very much ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about a parcel in the mail from your grandmother. Just the word parcel is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been 17.5 years of letter writing - it makes me feel old actually

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! 17.5 years...really? That long? Wow!

    ReplyDelete